Welcome to my homepage!
I am a teacher certified and accredited speech language pathologist in private practice for 15 years. During this time, I have worked as an independent contractor for many schools and several agencies in Franklin County, MA. I have worked in preschool, elementary school, middle school, and high school settings with students with language-based learning disorders, auditory processing disorders, social communication difficulty, articulation disorders, fluency disorders, brain injury, and multiple handicaps. My training experience was with stroke survivors, Parkinson’s disease, cleft palate, and assistive technology. I have also presented in-services and workshops for the staff of several organizations.
Private practice suits me because I can work out flexible scheduling with clients, I have a manageable caseload that enables me to use best practices, I can choose my own assessment and therapy materials, I work collaboratively with families and other healthcare professionals, and I have direct communication with clients and caregivers. All these aspects increase the potential for achieving successful communication skills.
My office is located on Water Street in Shelburne Falls.
I have asked my parents/caretakers for the reasons they come to me:
- To supplement school services.
- To add services not provided by their Charter School, private school, or in homeschool settings.
- For an independent evaluation.
- To have direct, ongoing communication with an SLP (speech-language pathologist).
- To have professional support with someone who understands their children.
- To have an experienced professional.
- The children have fun in their sessions and look forward to coming.
I have asked my adult clients for their reasons as well:
- To have a creative and effective SLP.
- To have an SLP with experience.
- To have professional support with someone who understands their difficulties.
I am a Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA Provider. My specialties include Social Thinking Groups, Autism, Assistive Technology including iPad Apps, LiPS, PECS, Inspiration, Receptive and Expressive Language, Aphasia Groups, Lee Silverman Voice Treatment, Voice and Resonance Therapy.